May 5 - May 11, 2018
Complete your application before March 30, 2018. Places are limited.
Resound Kefalonia is hosted by the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture on the island of Kefalonia, in the town of Metaxata, Greece. www.ionionartscenter.gr
"Sound and Space Research: Resound Kefalonia 2018" is curated and organized by artist Sandra Volny, Ph.D., who is based between Montréal, Canada and Paris, France. The program will be given in English, but French-speaking participants are welcome.
Invited sound artist Jacob Kirkegaard (Danish, living in Berlin) will act as a mentor, presenting his work and leading a site specific workshop with the participants. http://fonik.dk/
- Full name of the applicant (for group/collective projects indicate the title of the group, full name of the person representing OR leading the group).
- Postal address, telephone, country, email address, web site (if available).
- Profession, discipline.
- Brief statement of the applicant, no longer than 200 words.
- Brief resume, no longer than 3 pages.
- A copy of passport/ID card (of every member of the group for collective projects).
- Subject line of email: "Resound Kefalonia 2018 application".
- In the email include a brief 3-line statement summarizing your project.
There is a non-refundable 50-euro application fee. Please include the proof of payment with your application. Payments must be sent via PayPal to email@example.com
Deadline for completed application : March 30, 2018. We encourage participants to apply before the deadline since places are limited.
Submit completed application at: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Accepted participants will be notified by Monday April 2nd.
"Resound Kefalonia 2018" is part of the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture and the Sea Forum 2018 annual programming. Participants are invited to the centre from May 4 to May 11. During this time, they will have access to accommodation at the Ionion Centre's (individual or shared room, individual or shared bathroom, kitchen area, studio, art creation spaces, individual support + breakfast, dinner and basics for lunch+ 24-hour assistance at the Centre + internet). Participants may request a hotel room at extra cost.
The program costs 980 euros per participant, which includes taxes.
For any information on conditions, fees, accommodation, and grants, please directly contact the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture :
For any information on the program, please contact organizer and instructor Sandra Volny:
By exhibiting at the Ionion Centre for the Arts and Culture, participants may apply for a grant from the centre that is awarded by competition. They may also register individually to exhibit as part of the Sea Forum 2018. Completed participations to the Sea Forum 2018 are eligible for the year Grants 2018.
Grants for the one-year residency program: from 1000 to 30,000 euros.
Grants for the SEA(S) FORUM: from 2000 to 50,000 euros/year (for SEA(S)2018).
INDIVIDUAL SUPPORT AND GENERAL ENQUIRIES: 1. firstname.lastname@example.org, 2. email@example.com
PROGRAM INFORMATION AND GENERAL ENQUIRIES: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply for the SEA(S) forum Grant program.
- Apply for the one-year residency program Ionion Center for the Arts and Culture.
- Apply for CALQ Bourse de perfectionnement (Québec only).
- Apply for LOJIQ Travel Grants (Québec only).
- Apply at your University or Art School for funding.
- Ask your University and get credits for Resound Kefalonia.